UNC Charlotte is committed to cultivating diversity and inclusion throughout the campus.
Our campus community is comprised of people who represent the wide breadth of gender identities, sexualities, races and ethnicities, faith traditions, nationalities, and other social groups and backgrounds. All of these identities and experiences enrich the University as a whole. UNC Charlotte strives to celebrate and leverage the benefits of this diversity, and to sustain an inclusive and welcoming environment for all students, faculty and staff.
The Division of University Advancement is committed to:
- Create a work environment and inclusive culture where people feel safe.
- Spread awareness that diversity and inclusion is fundamental to the mission of the University and the Division.
- Convene a Diversity Committee to oversee initiatives, enhance awareness and facilitate outreach.
University Advancement Diversity Committee: Vice Chancellor Niles Sorensen, Beth Crigler, Lauren Gregg, Mark Hoover, Sharon Horinka, Tanisha Sewell, Joy Paige Springs, Jason Vaughan
- Nov. 8, 2019 - Race and Unconscious Bias
- Novant Health representatives Rich Robles, Director of Diversity and Inclusion and Yvonne Dixon, Director of Health Equity
- TBD 2020 - Sexual Orientation
- Krista Tillman, co-founder of IDENTIVERSITY and UNC Charlotte Faculty TBD
- April 3, 2020 - Diversity and Generations in the Workplace
- Alyssa Paige Treager, HR Learning & Development
- TBD 2020 - Disability as Diversity
- Gena Smith, Office of Disability Services